Sunday, November 18, 2012

Friday, Show day, and Sunday

Friday...the night before the show, I shivered in the garage and made a necklace with one of my own beads. Also, I made a Eureka! kind of discovery, while digging through some boxes in search of clamps...a handful of fired clay beads I made who knows when...no glaze but open for whatever surface treatment I want.


Saturday, we hit the ground running and experienced an amazing show. But it was a loooong day, and I came home exhausted. So I really had to scramble to make something. I had MADE my display...did that count for something? I MADE some money from my work, but that didn't seem like it should count. But just before I packed up to leave the show, my spectacular crossbody necklace broke (!!!) and fell from my shoulder to the floor. So when I got home, before I dragged myself into the house, I sat down at my bench and MADE the necessary repairs to restore the necklace to it's former fabulous-ness and considered it a day. Instead of a repair picture, I 'm sharing a display picture....


Today, still basking in the afterglow of a great show, I headed to the bench and made a pair of earrings. With so many of my earrings gone on to their new homes, I feel as though I'm starting from scratch.


No comments:

Post a Comment